Wednesday, July 14, 2010

my BABY is 2

My baby girl is 2 today. I don't know how to feel about it. I have very confused emotions. I've laughed alot today but have this sense of crying creeping up. It has went so fast. I appreciate so much about her and this age, I'm afraid almost that there are some times I don't appreciate enough. She'll be 19 before I know it. I remember her at 6 weeks old when times where hard and sleep was scarce, and now she's 2. How does that happen? Seriously, she is so excited about small things, learning is fun, sings and dances whenever she feels the urge.

I need to be more like her. I should sing and dance because I want to and not care someone may look at me like I've just escaped the looney bin. Does it matter I cannot sing? I guess it shouldn't. I have some rhythm, I was a former pom girl for goodness sake, so why don't I just shake da bootie whenever I want, even if it's in the middle of the check out lane at Walmart? Wouldn't I technically still fit in if I did that at Walmart? Maybe not Target, that's too top drawer to dance in the check out, but maybe in the Dollar Spot? hmmmm. Something to think about...

You've taught me so much baby girl. You are the coolest. I love you sweettart.
Happy Birthday! I hope you always do your own thing, find joy in simple things, like to learn and dance whenever you feel like it. That is my wish for you on your day.

2 comments:

  1. Do it! Dance in the check out lane at WalMart NOW! Because when your daughter is twelve, she won't think it's cool anymore. Come visit Aleighopolis next week for a mother/daughter story. xoxo

    ReplyDelete