Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm an 'old' person

Okay, so...in a few days I'll be 33. The number itself I could care less about.
But I am still wondering why I don't have everything figured out yet.
I 2nd guess myself alot, I have no stress relief/coping mechanism that don't involve alcohol in some way, I fight with myself over eating and exercising, I have no "real" hobbies, I don't 'schedule' my days, I don't 'schedule' activities...does this all mean I'm wrong because alot of people do or does this mean most of the time I'm laid back and dont give a rat's ass and I live in the moment????
hmmmm and i find myself wanting to 'learn' new things...I'm not musical in any way shape or form...so it's not like I'm going to go buy a guitar and start strumming away...I'm leaning towards learning to quilt, knit or crochet...does that just scream old woman or what? I can see it now, Jenna will call and be like 'hey washyadune tonight?' and I'll say 'meeting the gals in my knitting circle'...aaaaaggghhhhhh LOL. Last time I learned to crochet was long enough ago, I haven't a clue now, I still have a half started blanket and the yarn in a bag...and my carpal tunnel kicked in, so i stopped...hmmmmm
Some people seem to think exercise classes, activities, running, walking IS a hobby. I've never thought of that, man I'd have to really wrap my mind around that one!
Moto Moto CuppinCake wants me to SHOOT or COACH him...hmmm...another thing that isn't exactly blowing my skirt! But I've never done it or tried it, so I don't know. I've shot with him once and it was fun, but I didn't pine over it like he does and want to dedicate my whole basement to shooting, ammunition and all the paraphernalia that goes with it, ha.
I love reading, but with Maggie it can be difficult to fully ENJOY it. I have resorted to only really reading in the bathroom or right before I go to bed (if I can hold my eyes open for even a chapter). I ENJOY the HUNT for the book at the library sometimes too, probably just the alone time I get that I really enjoy but I find it fun.
I love watching movies, all kinds of movies, depends on my mood...I've been known the stay in jammies all day and watch movies literally from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. That was in my pre-married days, but it has happened. Aj's nights off are usually our movie watching nights after Maggie goes to bed, it is so nice to not have to pause or put on subtitles because the Midgit Princess is needing our attention:)
Anywho, I enjoy alot of things that are pretty simple, so really why on earth do I even care what everyone else does or doesn't do, take my no 'real' hobbies and shove them up your chocolate wizzway! LOL
Okay, so now I'm gonna go stir my crock pot chicken stroganoff. Which reminds me, that more and more, I like cooking....uh oh, don't let that one out though, for anyone who knows me at all knows I must be out of my mind to even type that:)

2 comments:

  1. And remember Kendra: we were um...under the influence of a controlled substance when we learned to knit so... not sure if that's your calling LOL

    ReplyDelete