Saturday, April 3, 2010

Road Trip Start

I was in a bad place, working for a weirdo guy at 'Ghetto Optical', getting paid like a grunt worker, living with my mom and stepdad in the trailor and drinking alot and feeling like a loser, wanting my life to take a turn, want to marry, have kids and be on my own...watching TLC's A Baby Story after work never really helped that either, made me more sad, watching my ex find yet another girl to date, feeling alone in my feelings....led to a 2 hour decision to up and just leave, drive away, go start somewhere new...so as I'm in this hell of a decision, Jenna comes home from her job and is like I'm in. So we went to Barnes and Noble, bought a map, I believe we flipped a coin to go west or east, loaded up the trunk of my Honda Prelude with clothes and some necessities, told Mom and Ken we were leaving and didn't know if we'd be back...Mom cried and tried to stop us (If Maggie does this to me when she's older, well...I'll cry too, but I'll get it, but please God, No, don't let her get to THIS place)...we loaded up the cd player and we left. I told no one other than Mom and Ken, I knew someone would try to talk me out of it. In my head, I wasn't scared, I was excited to do something different and unexpected of ME. This feeling of you only live once just kept me thinking why not? What if? What's the worst that could happen? What? It ends up being a flop and you come home? ...well then I'm in the same place that I am now, but I've seen the country! I think we left sometime in the late afternoon. We went to the bar Jenna was working at and sold her car to some dumb kid that didn't have one so we'd have more cash for the road. Ha. I left my key to Ghetto Optical for Mom to mail to my boss. Wow. We drove all night, talking, singing, anticipating, having no clue where we were actually going...
The BEST Mistake I ever made...to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. YES! Keep blogging about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will,,,,just have kinda a lot to write about,,,hang in there,,, :)

    ReplyDelete